Ending a marriage is a difficult process for all parties involved. The family law attorneys at Katz and Whitehead understand the complicated issues that may arise and work tirelessly to resolve them in the most favorable manner for their clients. We also understand the economic hardship that divorce and separation can bring and try to accommodate all income levels. Contact us if you need assistance in any of the following:
- Uncontested no-fault divorce- typically a flat fee of between $800 and $850
- Child support – including negotiation with the Department of Revenue and resolution of back support obligations
- Custody, visitation and parenting plans
- Modification of existing judgments for changes in circumstances regarding child support, emancipation of children, visitation and alimony
- Alimony and property settlements
- Negotiating and contesting Pre-Nuptial Agreements
- Contempt actions for violations of a court judgment
Establishing paternity means determining that the biological father of a child that is born out of wedlock is in fact the legal father. Paternity can be also be established by filing an action with the Court.
We can assist by negotiating a reasonable child support amount and by helping to establish a visitation plan that will benefit the non-custodial parent as well as the child.
Our office has years of experience in representing family law clients from many different cultures. We have a Spanish speaking attorney and Russian speaking attorney on staff as well as the capacity to represent Portuguese and Korean speakers.
We serve clients in matters involving family law throughout the Boston area, including the communities of Allston, Brighton, Cambridge, and Somerville.